On 3 April 2017, I will have lived Down Under for 3000 days, or 8 years 2 months and 3 weeks. One thousand days ago, on 8 July 2014, I set myself some goals to reach before Day 3000.
Let’s see how I’ve done!
1) Publish my first book. TICK
2) Renovate our house. TICK
We renovated the interior, had the house re-roofed, and painted the outside. We may now by broke, but at least we can be broke in style! 🙂
3) Become a NZ Citizen. TICK
In November 2015, I pledged allegiance to Her Majesty, the Queen, and became a fully fledged citizen of New Zealand. My new passport’s first excursion was to Canberra, to attend a conference at the Federal Parliament.
4) Visit a Pacific Island. ALMOST
I’ll be visiting Fiji in August this year.
WHAT NEXT FOR ME?
I really do believe that by writing down your goals you are more likely to achieve them. So, by 29 December 2019, I hereby pledge to have achieved the following:
1) I will have finished by second novel, “1968”, and have started my third;
2) I will have received a promotion at work or have moved into a new role;
3) I will not have eaten anything containing more than 5% sugar for the entire 1000 days;
4) I will have visited my family and friends in the UK;
5) I will have taken part in a sporting event or competition;
6) and I will have lost at least 7kg in weight.
I’ll check in at regular intervals to let you know how I’m getting on!